06 October 2005

Simple Salvation

I implore you today, Christ died for YOU, Friend, because He loves YOU. God knows all about our bumps and scars and weaknesses and inadequacies....and yet, He displayed HIs love for us to the utmost. "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). I find it hard to believe that God could love someone like me, as I continue to fail Him time and time again. You know, there are people we will fail in this life that just can't overlook our mistakes and faults, no matter how sorry we are. God knows when we are about to fail Him even before it is a thought and yet, His love remains constant. Knowing that fact overwhelms me with gratitude! He's always waiting with open arms for me to come back to Him. God knows us, who we really are, and He still wants to give us His every possession. I don't know about you, but NO ONE has ever loved me like that before!
+++
Christianity isn't about religion...it's about Christ. Christianity isn't about "fitting in" at a church. Christianity isn't about duty or obligation. It IS, however, about God's grace that can find the worth in the worthless. It IS about discovering that there is more to this life than JUST this life. I'll say it again--Christianity isn't about religion....it's about Christ.

... blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in Me. Matthew 11:6

.... the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luke 19:10

+++ I and My Father are one.

John 10:30

... whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 6:9

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 GTHN!

No comments: